|Date Posted||August 6, 2018|
Who We Are:
The Fick family has been in the roofing business since 1915. The original Fick roofing company, Edward G. Fick & Sons, was founded by John P. Fick and remained in operation through the 1970′s. Brothers John R. and Joseph A. Fick started The Fick Bros.Roofing Company in 1949. Today, Fick Bros. is owned and managed by the third and fourth generations, Joseph A. Fick, Jr. and his son, J. Patrick Fick.
Foreman Position Description:
The Foreman is “THE MAN ON THE JOB”, with full responsibility while the job is in progress. The following is a brief outline of the Foreman’s Job Summary.
1. Seeing that the installation is completed to project specifications.
2. Implementing and upholding job safety.
3. Customer relations, complete customer satisfaction
4. Checking estimator’s quantities.
5. Maintaining job records
6. Documenting change orders
7. Payroll reporting and verification
8. Material requisitions and proper inventory control
9. Bringing the job within budget
10. Job quality control.
The Foreman is responsible for the following:
1. Time Sheets are kept by the Foreman.
2. Job paperwork, accurate labor and material forms are kept by the Foreman and submitted to the Field Supervisor everyday.
3. The Foreman will notify the Field Supervisor of Change Order requirements on a daily basis.
4. Leads from neighbors are recorded by the foreman and turned into the Field Supervisor on a daily basis.
5. The Foreman’s job is one of resourcefulness and anticipation. He should analyze the job to determine:
a. Determine the best starting point. (See Estimator’s diagram).
b. Fully understand job specifications.
c. Anticipate problems and correct them before they slow down the Mechanics, Support Technicians, and Apprentices or the job progress.
d. Correct material shortages 2 days in advance to avoid job performance slow down. A 24-hour answering service is provided to assist in this effort 410-889-5586 ext.116.
e. Report time for Mechanics, Support Technicians, & Apprentices
f. Make recommendations for specification, Change Orders or improvements to the Field Supervisor. If the Foreman encounters an inadequate response by the Field Supervisor, it is his responsibility to notify the Production Manager.
g. Train his crew in safe working practices and Fick Bros Safety Procedures.
The foreman works with his head and hands making sure the job is running smoothly and all crew in his command are working efficiently.