|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
Job ID: 144099
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 165 operating locations and 5,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
Job Description Summary
A media buyer negotiates with advertising sales agents to acquire cost-efficient and budget-conscious advertising space, sponsorships, or product placements. A buyer must understand each brands' needs and research what media are available in the markets afforded by a client's budget. Year-round attention is required to ensure that proper creative materials are supplied for each media buy. Post-placement follow-ups should record actual impression and engagement data. Reporting out of media effectiveness and recommendations will be expected monthly. Analytical thinking, communication, persuasion, and research abilities are instrumental to a media buyer's success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate best rates with media vendors
- Ensure buys adhere to buying guidelines, strict clearance goals, and provide strong rationale for any deviations
- Secure added value, when appropriate, and ensure that schedules air accordingly
- Maintain media schedules daily, checking pre- and post-logs weekly
- Reporting and tracking budgets to ensure accuracy
- Bring innovative thinking and new ideas to the team
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions
- Develop a working knowledge of goals, guidelines, and strategies
- Executing and sending orders, confirming schedules, monitoring under delivery and maintaining media vendor relations
- Responsible for reconciling invoices and resolving buy discrepancies
- Collect and analyze marketing data
- Evaluate and report on communications and public relations activities to assess their value and impact
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers and other media contacts
- Maintain current analytics for all media placements across multiple brands
- Monitor effectiveness of campaigns and optimize as needed
- Prepare and deliver advertising plans to Media team and Marketing executives
- Prepare and deliver advertising schedules
- Prepare and deliver reporting ad hoc as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of media buying experience within agency and/or client environment required
- Must have experience buying both local & national traditional media
- Must have extensive marketplace knowledge, strong vendor relationships in all national media disciplines
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Must possess exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work with teams and independently, handle multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines under pressure
- Excellent work ethic, detail-oriented, organized, and consistent follow through
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.