|Location||Brick Township, NJ|
|Date Posted||May 7, 2018|
Medical Billing Clerk
Weekly paychecks * Health Care * Other Great Benefits
Click HERE to Apply!
Do you have Medical Billing experience? Are you looking for a new job? If so, we may have what you're looking for!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Medical Billing Clerk to work for a local company! Whether you're looking for a new career or just to hone your skills, apply with RemX Staffing today!
Completes and submits bills on behalf of a health care provider for such medical services as examinations, treatments and procedures to patients, commercial private insurance carriers and/or governmental carriers.
Works at a physician's office, clinic and hospital or at a third-party billing company. May interact with insurance providers and specialized coders to clarify information prior to bill submittal.
- Medical services billing, experience with Medicare, Medi-Cal and private third-party payers.
- Working knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-10 and or HCPCS coding systems as well as computerized billing systems such as IDX.
- Experience with Collecting/Billing Workers' Comp, Research and Package billing.
- Licensure, Certification, Registration: CPC, or CCS-P, or CPC-H, or CCS preferred.
- Reviews and corrects claim and charge edits, updates registration and sets up visits as needed.
- Reviews accuracy of all coding, Provider and Patient information prior to rebilling or submitting any appeals.
- Updates registration and Insurance information as needed.
- Maintains files on all documentation, such as charge slips, Explanations of Benefits and client or patient information. Prepares and distributes reports.
- Reviews and corrects all claim and charge edits.
- Sets up patient payment plans and reviews account for appropriate adjustment and write-off as bad debt.
- Keeps current with policy changes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Personal computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, research, reporting and accessing medical information systems.
- Analyzing information, documentation skills and legal compliance.
- Problem resolution, attention to detail, productivity, time management, organization and excellent communication skills.
2 years of hands-on experience performing duties related to basic medical billing and medical coding.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
medical secretary, medical billing, medical records, medical records clerk, medical coder, medical coding, data entry, coding