|Date Posted||October 1, 2018|
The Brick Township Municipal Utilities Authority (BTMUA), a progressive and large public utility, has an immediate opening for a Network Administrator who can manage and plan the future growth of our computer network. This individual will design, support, maintain, and evaluate networking systems; install, configure, and maintain physical and virtual computer servers; manage VMware and MS Active Directory, MS Exchange; verify system backups; monitor, report, and act on security and network threats.
· Plan, design and implement data connectivity for local area network (LAN). Coordinate system installation, backup, and maintenance tasks.
· Manage, maintain, and upgrade the wireless network to improve functionality and maximize security
· Install, support, and maintain both physical and virtual network servers and appliances
· Install network, peripherals, operation systems, and applications patches on a regular basis and as needed for maximum system security
· Manage, schedule, and monitor backups of network data. Change backup tapes daily; verify data backups; make corrections to jobs and schedules; restore files as needed.
· Document network configuration, diagram LAN setup, and update changes regularly.
· Set up and maintain user configurations on the network. Establish and maintain user Exchange e-mail accounts.
· Implement security software and tools to ensure maximum protection from outside threats. Manage anti-spam and anti-virus servers.
· Plan and coordinate installations of hardware and software.
· Maintain desktop and network hardware/software, and arrange for support and service of both hardware/software when necessary.
· Install, diagnose, repair, maintain, and upgrade end-user PC and related hardware and equipment. Diagnose, and resolve end-user hardware and software problems.
· Assist and provide support to other technology staff as requested including performing scheduled network tasks, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support.
· Assist in posting material to employee intranet and customer public customer web site as needed
· All other related duties assigned.
Organization, Communication, and People Skills:
- Adapt to changes in technology
- Able to learn new software/hardware
- Explain technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Prepare clear and concise written communications
- Prioritize requests, organize, schedule, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects
- Work independently and as a team member
- Willing to work occasionally after hours