|Date Posted||August 6, 2018|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Parts Runner/Shop Laborer
Shop/ICA Airway Heights, WA
The parts runner is responsible for delivery and pick up of parts and equipment from various locations. When not running parts, the worker assists in the parts room with inventory stocking, filing paperwork and general clean-up.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Pick-up parts from vendors and deliver to plants, shop and jobsites
- Completes necessary paperwork for maintaining inventory and repair records
- File paperwork
- Puts away parts on shelves in Parts Department
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Sweep and clean shop and surrounding areas, empty garbage
- May start vehicles, check fluids and wash vehicles
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment
- Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
Requisition #: 139430
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.