|Date Posted||November 7, 2018|
Job ID: 145215
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 165 operating locations and 5,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
The Procurement Clerk researches, negotiates, and ensures the availability and timely delivery of raw materials through direct interaction with vendors, communication with internal business partners and analysis of internal consumption data. The procurement clerk assists in maintaining accurate inventory of incoming raw materials and addresses any delivery issues to production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and issues purchase orders for raw materials
- Maintains cost and product service information for current and future procurement
- Follows rejected material process to ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Communicates cost changes to upper management.
- Has direct verbal and written communication with vendors/ suppliers
- Measures and reports suppliers’ performance through metrics
- Ensures RM on hand does not exceed or lacks acceptable inventory levels.
- Answers inquiries relating to RM purchasing, delivery time, lead time, etc.
- Assists in monthly, quarterly, and end of year RM inventory
- Assists production management with daily ERP transactions
- Previous procurement experience preferred
- Inventory control management skills
- Excellent computer and math skills
- Ability to perform multiple projects and prioritize
- Good driving record
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.