|Date Posted||September 28, 2018|
Job ID: 143449
Amcor Masonry Products, a CRH company, is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
This position will perform general administrative duties for the department it is assigned to. The individual will perform routine clerical functions and may support more than one department simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares or reports; sorts and files documentation
- Assists management in forecasting sales demands to maximize production efficiencies
- Prepare and issue daily production schedules to minimize inventory levels while maximizing product availability and customer satisfaction
- Manages the location and life of all molds and works with management on annual mold purchases
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts
- Assists accounting department in verifying pricing and receipts of purchased products
- Contacts suppliers on adjustments, incorrect materials/supplies, delivery delays, etc.
- Schedules inbound delivery dates and negotiate freight payment terms
- Issues purchase orders and receive product into Lawson
- Determines optimal manufacturing and purchasing volumes based on historical usage and current level of stock
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Organizes and maintains file systems, and files correspondence and other records
- Maintains group calendar for employee vacation schedules
- Conducts safety orientations with visitors
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance
- Provides support for assigned department(s)
- Develops and grows internal and external customer relationships for the purpose of improving company's growth
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports
- Some A/P & A/R filing and file maintenance
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- At least a High School Diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent and a minimum of 1-year office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier, 10-key)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must have excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, supervisors, vendors, and customer is an effective manner
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform advanced math calculations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with little or no structure
- Internal and external customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform sedentary work, occasional walking, standing, squatting, and bending required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged sitting, repetitive use of fingers and hands for typing
- Available to work overtime as necessary
- May be required to work under stressful conditions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Amcor Masonry Products, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.