|Date Posted||September 6, 2018|
Job ID: 142680
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Production Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for overall production and maintenance operations in accordance with the vision and values of the corporation. Fosters a “Culture of Safety” for staff and all employees by promoting and modeling an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment. Advise the local business concerning long-term-strategic direction. Manage and coordinate the production plan (daily/weekly) to meet delivery schedules and budgeted cost/efficiency expectations. Drive continuous improvement initiatives through appropriate channels in the operation. Manage the coordination and execution of predictive/preventative maintenance plans through the maintenance management system for the facility, ensure asset reliability meets or exceeds performance expectations. Holds self and staff directly accountable for adherence to standards, policies & regulations for the safe, environmentally compliant production of a quality precast concrete product. Ensures training plans for production and maintenance staff and self are in place and followed, promoting key aspects of the overall succession plan process. Assume plant manager responsibilities as needed
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Active member of the local business team.
- Responsible for executing the daily/weekly production schedule and production metrics.
- Establishes formal and informal communications for staff and employees (e.g. morning safety huddle, mid-day meeting, maintenance planning, etc).
- Develops self, staff and employees for advancement and contribution to success of the business.
- Ensures proper training of employees to advance the business.
- Ensures proper staffing of Production resources.
- Responsible for plant layout, ensuring optimal safety and efficiency.
- Assist in implementing and auditing lean manufacturing methods.
- Ensures monthly OSHA compliance training is conducted according to schedule requirements.
- Ensures safety committee is actively engaged in promoting awareness for safety programs/initiatives and driving improvement towards an Employee Driven, Hazard Controlled environment.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of precast processes and equipment, have workable knowledge of industry technological developments and best practices.
- Manages the corrective action/progressive disciplinary process for all manufacturing standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma (or equivalent) with 3+ years leadership experience in an industrial environment leading multiple departments.
- 5+ years’ demonstrated manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and allocate resources.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing and utilizing process and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources to meet internal business objectives and customer expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of effective and efficient production and manufacturing methods.
- Thorough knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated successful application of managerial and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software packages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.