|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
Job ID: 125326
Oldcastle Architectural, Inc. is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With 200 operating locations and 6,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 35 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
Oldcastle Architectural Products (APG) is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. Additional strong national positions are also found in packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking. The business produces and markets brands you know such as Belgard® hardscapes and Sakrete® cement mixes. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of more than 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Operations Performance Systems (OPS) Overview
Oldcastle APG has launched an effort to significantly improve overall operations performance. The effort focuses on margin improvement and involves developing and rolling out a set of operational business best practices, referred to as Operations Performance Systems or OPS. OPS initiatives include best practices in performance management, maintenance, labor planning, production planning and roles and responsibilities.
The OPS team will provide our operations and executive teams with skill building and strategic operational processes, and the tools necessary to become a professional, world class organization which drives increased profitability and employee satisfaction.
Production Technology Lead
The OPS team is seeking a Production Technology Lead to be a member of the OPS central team and will be responsible for developing long term operational solutions leading to measurable results.
The full-time position will work closely with other OPS team members and operations leaders to identify best practices and needs, then manage the creation of solutions, tools and technical resources as well as the implementation process to address those needs. The Production Technology Lead will manage multiple projects annually.
- Lead, facilitate, and execute continuous improvement projects
- Lead APG’s implementation and continuous utilization of technical data collection and data analysis tools to capture production equipment efficiency
- Work cross functionally to ensure developed solutions meet requirements of various departments
- Work closely with OPS members, including Operations Development Managers and Operations Development Leads, to address needs and implement tools, technical resources and processes
- Provide training and support Train the Trainer events as necessary
- Provide periodic status updates and reports on projects
- Use business intelligence and data to prioritize projects, tool development and implementation plans
- Influence decisions with first-hand experience, process knowledge and data analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in operations, engineering, finance or IT (3+ years of related experience)
- 3 + years project leadership experience
- Ability to travel 30-40% in the United States and Canada with overnight stays
- Preferred experience working with Vorne XL or other productivity enhancing products to capture production equipment efficiency
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies, industry practices, and business process development
- Preferred knowledge of business intelligence tools and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), including demand and production planning
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization to ensure comprehensive solutions
- Proven leadership and management capability including conflict management, problem solving and pro-active drive for task completion
- Team player and collaborator
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Architectural is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Architectural is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.