|Date Posted||January 7, 2019|
Job ID: 146850
Texas Concrete is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is a A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Concrete is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
QC Technician for Concrete Plant
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the QC technician position today and jumpstart your career with the Oldcastle Materials family!
Job Description Summary
The duties of the Quality Control Technician will include, but are not restricted to the following:
Create an attitude of Safety, contribute to the safe operation of the department; maintain a safe, clean work area
Responsible for ensuring the proper mix design, scale weights and water demand of mix designs at batch plants.
Performs physical tests on ready mix concrete at plant, such as slump, entrained air, unit weight and yield.
At point of delivery, spot checks same physical properties as above and discusses necessary adjustments in batch weights with Manager, plus observes workability, finish ability, and contractor’s use or misuse of product.
Performs physical tests on ready mix concrete aggregates, such as gradations, decants, sand equivalency, specific gravity and density, absorption.
Prepares and performs physical tests on laboratory mix concrete batches such as slump, entrained air, unit weight and yield, time of setting and compressive strength.
Performs on site surveys of fleets and facilities producing products so as to be able to identify delivery problems and recommend solutions.
Develops and maintains appropriate working relationship so that individuals will be able to inform Distribution, Production and/or Sales of conditions that could adversely affect good, efficient delivery service, and, when possible, take necessary action to correct the condition.
Keeps a written daily log of activities and observations.
Investigates and reports complaints pertaining to quantity, quality, or performance.
Writes job inspection reports when required.
Maintains QA/QC database(s) current.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet the qualifications of the fleet safety program.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Must be at least 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
Education / Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
ACI Field Grade I Testing Technician
ACI Aggregate or Laboratory Certification; NRMCA Certification is a plus
Experience in the collection, testing and reporting of concrete and/or aggregate samples.
Knowledge of the aggregate and concrete manufacturing process.
Working knowledge of ACI, ASTM, DOT and Regional standards and specifications.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Concrete is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.