|Date Posted||May 24, 2018|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for testing samples of aggregate, concrete and asphalt to determine suitability for use in various construction projects. Primarily work 8 – 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. This position requires traveling to perform the job duties at various jobsite locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Collect samples from asphalt, concrete or aggregate plants
- Performs field tests for density or other properties
- Performs and records aggregate gradations
- Performs field tests for concrete performance
- Process samples using a variety of testing equipment and procedures
- Record data and enter information into computer systems
- Communicates with plant staff
- Performs general clean-up and maintenance duties as assigned
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Minimum two years in concrete and asphalt production or closely related field highly preferred.
- Ability to obtain A.C.I Concrete Technician certification, Concrete Strength Testing certification, and all applicable WAQTC certifications.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic mathematics.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Must pass physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.