|Date Posted||June 12, 2018|
Job ID: 138505
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
- Performs pre-pour and post pour inspections
- Assists in maintaining current compliance documentation (PCI, ACI, & OPI) and recordkeeping for the facility.
- Daily testing of product (specimen testing, air content, bulk density, spread, VSI, temp, MC% of aggregates) and report out any deviations to standards or specifications.
- Ensure product labeling/stenciling conforms to OPI requirements.
- Assist & Perform monthly & annual material testing & calibrations, ensuring that all materials used meet or exceed requirements (ASTM, NPCA & OPI)
- Assist third-party agencies with facility audits (PCI, and other customers as required)
- Report-out on quality issues/deficiencies at meetings.
- Recommend repairs for product, as needed.
- Recommend corrective actions on mix design to engineering, as needed.
- Conduct weekly yard inspections to ensure product and material quality.
- Recommend revisions to drawings, as needed.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of precast processes and equipment, have a workable knowledge of technological development and best practices.
- Minimum High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Knowledge / Skills / Abilties
- Required – ACI Field Testing Technician Level 1 certification.
- Preferred – ACI Laboratory Testing Technician Level 1 certification.
- Preferred – ACI Strength Testing Certification.
- Concrete cylinder compression testing.
- Demonstrated ability to properly use (Lab oven, lab scales, slump cone, unit weight bucket, air meter, thermometer, tape measure, sand-equivalent/hydrometer, sieve analysis & sand equivalent shaker, Schmidt Hammer, organic impurities test).
- Written and oral communication skills across plant levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively implement and utilize process and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of effective and efficient quality & continuous improvement methods.
- Basic knowledge of company product, policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal & organization skills.
- Proven problem solving skill set.
- Basic mathematical ability.
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software packages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Industrial Plant environment.
- Frequent Walking/Standing (6+ hrs/day).
- Frequent lifting (up to 10 lbs).
- Max lift (up to 40 lbs).
- Frequent climbing of ladders.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.