|Date Posted||November 15, 2018|
Job ID: 145482
Century Concrete, Inc., a CRH company, has operated since 1982. By building solid partnerships with our communities, customers, and employees, we have nurtured solid growth. With safety first, our priority is to attract, develop and retain talented employees through a culture of high performance, career building opportunities based on mutual commitment and a balanced, high quality of life.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, operates a ready-mix truck to deliver and pour concrete for customers at specified job sites. Complies with all applicable safety laws, DOT regulations, environmental laws, and other applicable laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates a ready-mix truck by inspecting load slump, complying with Quality Control requests, driving truck to specified customer job sites, adjusting chutes, and unloading concrete from the truck in a timely manner.
- Notifies dispatcher of job status on a regular basis while away from the batch plant.
- Assists customers as needed at the job site to provide quality customer service.
- Performs daily inspection of truck prior to delivering concrete to customer job sites. Checks oil level, fuel level, tire pressure, etc. and notifies mechanic of any needed repairs. Fills the truck with fuel at the end of the shift, and cleans truck during any spare time in the shift.
- Accurately completes delivery tickets and any other required documentation. Utilizes
- best practices on transporting and transferring COD funds.
- Continuous Operates truck in a safe manner and wears required safety equipment so as to prevent accidents and comply with safety laws and regulations. Attends safety meetings as required.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employee will be required to follow all instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant operations that are not inconsistent with the current labor contract, past practices or safety policies.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Previous driving experience with heavy mobile equipment preferred, but not required. Must maintain a valid commercial driver's license to operate a ready-mix truck.
Ability to drive and operate a ready-mix truck in a safe manner and in compliance with Department of Transportation rules and regulations. Ability to perform job responsibilities independently. Knowledge of and ability to comply with safety laws and regulations regarding the operation of a ready-mix truck. Ability to read a map and/or understand directions to customer job sites. Ability to read and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc. Ability to inspect fuel level, oil level and tire pressure of a ready-mix truck in an efficient and effective manner. Must be able to complete delivery tickets for customer jobs. Ability to safely and effectively operate all functions of a ready-mix truck including, but not limited to, manual transmission, brakes, clutch, gas pedal, chute, drum, truck radio and related equipment. Work requires repetitively operation of a manual transmission, clutch, brakes and gas pedal; reading a map and understanding directions to job sites, lifting a 45 to 55 -pound chute on the ready-mix truck; climbing up onto the driver's seat and climbing down to the ground; climbing up the truck ladder to rinse off hopper and inspect load slump and climbing down to the ground; and bending and reaching to check oil levels, fuel levels and tire pressures.
Work requires frequent exposure to dust, dirt, loud noise, heat, cold, and working in all weather conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in recurring jarring and vibratory exposure.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Century Concrete Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.