|Date Posted||December 6, 2017|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Ready Mix Plant Mechanic
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Inspects, repairs, services and maintains ready-mix plants.
- Performs skilled mechanical diagnosis, maintenance and repair work on plant and other supporting facilities.
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains plant. Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Replaces defective parts, assemblies and subassemblies as needed.
- Service and grease plant parts, i.e. change belts, grease bearings, and maintain cleanliness of the plant.
- Operate forklift in a safe manner.
- Welding, cutting and metal fabrication.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two years’ experience with general plant maintenance (diagnosing and repairing hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems).
- Two years general mechanic experience.
- Electrical knowledge of 480 Volts preferred.
- Previous welding, cutting and metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment controlled substance testing. \
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.