|Date Posted||September 21, 2018|
Division: Nucor Steel Seattle, Inc.
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Other Available Locations: N/A
Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Steel Seattle, Inc. is now accepting applications for the position of Brick Utility. This position is responsible for installing and repairing refractories in steel vessels (furnaces, ladles, and tundishes). The Brick Utility operates heavy equipment such as: overhead crane, dig out machine, loader, and forklift to complete tasks. Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Minimum one year experience in a steel mill or other heavy industrial setting.
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Detail oriented; must make sure completed work is of the highest quality
- Self-Motivated; must be able to manage time and work without constant supervision
- Team Player; ability to work well with others
- Problem Solver; ability to overcome obstacles and find solutions
- Customer service oriented; committed to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Enthusiastic; passion to learn about refractories and the steel making process
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace
Nucor Corporation is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.