|Date Posted||May 8, 2018|
COASTAL UROLOGY ASSOCIATES, P.A.
For over 40 years, Coastal Urology Associates has been committed to providing the highest quality medical services in a compassionate and caring environment. We are seeking a full-time Research Coordinator to join our team.
The Research Coordinator is directly involved in the patient’s care, under direction of the Investigator. He or she must be detail oriented; sensitive to the patient’s needs, and require minimal supervision in order to function efficiently. This candidate must also be able to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment contributing to a positive environment for patients and staff and participating in problem-solving activities. The candidate assists the providers in the clinical treatment of the patient for the purpose of clinical studies and research. He or she works directly with the provider and acts as a liaison between the patient and the provider. Communication with and respect for the patient is essential to build rapport. Good patient assessment skills are essential.
- Assist the physician Investigator with the performance of the clinical trial.
- Assist with Pre-study Qualification Visits or Site Selection Visits from the sponsor prior to involvement with the clinical trial.
- Attending the Investigator Meeting prior to the start of the study.
- Store and accurately maintain study related supplies: CRF books, lab kits, regulatory binders, etc.
- Ensure study medications are securely stored in protocol described storage conditions and that accurate dispensing records are maintained.
- Scheduling subject study visits according to the protocol requirements, or more frequently if necessary at the discretion of the Physician and/or Investigator.
- Perform written informed consent with the subject.
- Assist the Investigator with the collection of study data and completion of source documents (accurately recording medical history, vital signs, concomitant medication usage, and other protocol required information under the supervision of the Investigator).
- Perform protocol related procedures under the supervision of the Investigator.
- Promptly bring laboratory abnormalities, adverse events, subject complains, or other study related issues to the Physician and/or Investigators attention.
- Collect, process, package and ship laboratory specimens.
- Accurately complete Case Report Forms.
- Assist the sponsor’s study monitor with the review of site’s study information and completion of data correction (query) forms.
Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position. Information must be exchanged using tact and persuasion appropriately. The person in this position must be able to communicate with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.