|Date Posted||June 1, 2018|
Job ID: 137915
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle Architectural is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 165 operating locations and 5,000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle Architectural is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
The Retail Merchandiser will be responsible for covering big box retail stores for Oldcastle. We seek a highly motivated, self-starter who can provide outstanding support to Department, Store and District Managers for our customer.
- Plans, organizes and achieves a consistent daily and weekly customer schedule, i.e. “store visits” in the most efficient manner to meet customer needs and expectations and maintain cost effectiveness
- Proactively monitors proper inventory levels in the stores using cycle counts and various reports. Works with customer service and replenishment teams to resolve any discrepancies
- Issues customer credits in a timely manner
- Generates sales reports and reviews with store management
- Actively uses reports and analytics to encourage customer orders and to monitor customer and territory performance
- Participates in regional company training classes and events
- Leads and/or participates in a wide variety of customer events; demonstration clinics, product knowledge classes, contractor events, weekend special events, promo events, associate training, and community outreach programs
Building Collaborative Relationships and Effective Communication
- Responds in a timely manner and resolves all customer issues with a high sense of urgency
- Informs, follows up, and follows through to resolve all customer issues and questions
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with the retail customer; Pro Desk Associates, Store Managers, District Managers, Market Directors and Regional Merchandising Managers within assigned territory
- Builds and maintains a strong collaborative rapport with local Oldcastle businesses and their Management team
- Communicates regularly with retail customers, Oldcastle businesses, and immediate supervisor
- Assists and recommends “best practices" to increase customer support and improve internal efficiencies
- Properly builds and installs product displays and new store resets
- Ensures product is safely stacked and/or properly secured
- Merchandises products according to planograms including correct beam labels, pricing, POP materials and literature
- Maintains both interior and exterior displays with appropriate signage
- Provides housekeeping in and around bays, displays, and aisles; sweeping debris, repositioning pallets, flat stacking of product, “facing” product, cutting and removing torn stretch wrapping, etc.
- Secures end caps and bulk stacks for seasonal, high volume, and promo products
- Provides suggestions and shares ideas with supervisor and team to maximize shelf space
- Adheres to all company policies and guidelines
- Ability to work individually and successfully complete all tasks in a timely manner
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable personal vehicle to travel to and from customer locations and local Oldcastle businesses as needed
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Strong ability to communicate effectively; written and verbal within the company and with the customer
- Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task
- Ability to work in fast paced environments
- Basic math skills; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Use of basic hand and power tools
- Daily travel to and from company locations and/or customer locations; some overnight travel required
- Familiarity of Retail building materials, hardscapes and lawn and garden products
- Knowledge of basic retail merchandising best practices
- Basic knowledge of landscaping; DIY landscaping projects and products
- Hands-on experience using Tableau and other various financial systems
Physical / Work Environment
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, climb, kneel, perform repetitive motions and work from a ladder
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.