|Date Posted||February 18, 2018|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Region family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Job Description Summary
Safety has long been a corporate focus at CRH; Oldcastle Materials, supported and demonstrated by the president and all managers within the organization. This is a critical area of the company and must be constantly improved through new ideas and technology.
- Basic Safety and Occupational Health knowledge required
- General understanding of OSHA, MSHA, and DOT regulations
- Assist in developing solutions to facilitate safe work practices
- Assist in identifying safety problem areas
- Performs data entry
- Analyze safety data and information
- Provide support to Safety Director and Safety Coordinator’s in the Region
- Provide field support to Operations Managers and Production Managers
- Travel to plant and job sites in the Region to provide support and conduct safety inspections/audits
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements lists below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Applicants must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior in a Health and Safety field.
- Strong communication skills (Public Speaking)
- Self-motivated, ability to achieve desired results without constant supervision
- Solid computer skills (Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Desire to help people by creating a safe working environment
- Industry related experience highly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads in a fast paced environment.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.