|Date Posted||December 1, 2017|
Job Title: Sales Representative
Location: Counties: (Rowan, Cabarrus, Stanley, Montgomery, Moore,
Richmond, Anson, Scotland, Mecklenberg)
Reports To: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the direct sale of assigned Triangle Brick Company (TBC) products throughout assigned geographic regions or customer groups to meet planned objectives as to sales volume, market penetration, profitability and selling cost.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and organize a sales strategy that identifies new end-user customer prospects and generates potential leads in established Mason, Builder, and Distributor channels; manage a multi-channel distribution sales model.
2. Analyze customer product needs and interests; identify prospective decision-makers for contact; make telephone calls and presentations to customers and potential customers.
3. Familiarize established accounts with new products, services, and developments; demonstrate products and services and assist prospective customers in the selection of those best suited to their needs.
4. Make initial personal/phone contact with potential customers in a targeted market, who have expressed some kind of interest in TBC products; introduce the product inquired about, as well as any other company products which may meet the needs of the potential customer and close the sale in a timely manner.
5. Promote/sell/secure orders from existing and potential customers; quote project costs consistent with normal sales procedures; prepare documents such as price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations; establish new customer account setups for integrated hand-off to the Account Manager.
6. Develop and manage prospect database, verify the business name and address; provide feedback to Sales management regarding suggestions for ongoing improvements to the sales strategy and marketing literature.
7. Coordinate sales effort with the sales management, marketing, production, order/billing, shipping, and technical service groups.
8. Provide management oral and written reports on the customer needs, problems, interests, market trends, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
9. Keep abreast of cladding products and systems, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services; participate in trade associations, shows and conventions.
10. Maintains thorough understanding of the customers’ end use markets, their important customers, and their main competitors; implements and manages the effective delivery of key customer programs including communication strategies, customer training, issue resolution and utilization reporting.
11. Deliver sales presentations to buyers; educate buyers on the advantages/disadvantages of competitive exterior cladding products and systems.
12. Conduct follow-up service calls to all accounts before transitioning to the Account Manager, to ensure satisfaction with all agreements reached during sales approach.
13. Conduct all business transactions in a manner that upholds the high ethical standards of TBC.
14. Additional responsibilities as required.