|Date Posted||April 13, 2018|
Job Title: Sales and Service Representative
Location: Wake County, NC
Reports To: Director of Sales NC Region
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the direct sale of assigned Triangle Brick Company (TBC) products throughout assigned geographic region(s) to customers within the contractor customer segment in order to meet planned objectives as to sales volume, market penetration, profitability and selling cost.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and organize a sales strategy that identifies end-use customer prospects and generates potential leads in the contractor customer channel.
2. Analyze customer product needs and interests; identify prospective decision-makers for contact; make sales presentations to customers and potential contractor customers.
3. Familiarize contractor customers with Triangle Brick products, services, and developments; demonstrate products and services and assist prospective customers in the selection of those best suited to their needs.
4. Make initial personal contact with all targeted potential contractor customers in a geographic territory; introduce the company products which may meet the needs of the contractor customer and close the sale in a timely manner.
5. Promote/sell/secure orders from existing and potential contractor customers; quote project costs consistent with normal sales procedures; prepare documents such as price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations; establish new customer account setups.
6. Contribute to and manage prospect and lead databases, verify the business name and address; provide feedback to Sales management regarding suggestions for ongoing improvements to the sales strategy and marketing literature.
7. Coordinate sales effort with the sales management, marketing, production, order/billing, shipping, and technical service groups.
8. Provide management oral and written reports on the customer needs, problems, interests, market trends, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
9. Keep abreast of cladding products and systems, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services; participate in trade associations, shows and conventions when needed.
10. Maintain thorough understanding of the contractor customers’ end use markets, their important customers, and their main competitors; implements and manages the effective delivery of key customer programs including communication strategies, customer training, issue resolution and utilization reporting.
11. Deliver sales presentations to contractors that increase the usage of clay brick; educate buyers on the advantages/disadvantages of competitive exterior cladding products and systems.
12. Conduct follow-up service calls to all contractor accounts to ensure satisfaction with all agreements reached during sales approach.
13. Make regular service calls to all appropriate office and field level personnel and locations, including but not limited to: superintendents, builders, designers, purchasing agents / managers, job sites, site trailers, and model homes, to address product and service questions, issues, leads, and potential opportunities.
14. Prepare samples, literature, and marketing materials for distribution and display on a customer specific basis.
15. Investigate, track and resolve customer and client concerns including but not limited to color, staining, size, American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards, delivery issues, and scheduling requirements; communicates customer complaint trends to management.
16. Manage special job requirements including field panels, test reports, and submittal documents.
17. Estimate job brick and shape requirements as needed; responsible for small product lot deliveries when appropriate.
18. Assist in selling through the Distributor/Dealer customer base when necessary at the direction of the Director of National Sales.
19. Assist the Accounts Receivable function with collection issues when necessary.
20. Conduct all business transactions in a manner that upholds the high ethical standards of TBC.
21. Additional responsibilities as required.