|Date Posted||May 17, 2018|
Job ID: 136882
Amcor Masonry Products is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and machinery as assigned to the maintenance team by the plant manager or other supervisor as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld (stick and wire feed) and use cutting torch as required
- Fabricate metal parts and install as needed to fit the needs of the plant and equipment
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Test malfunctioning machinery, troubleshoot and determine repairs and discuss with plant supervisor for approval and repair as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools. Replace and install parts as needed
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Extensive knowledge of Lock Out safety policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma/ equivalent or comparable in training, education or experience
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Skilled usage in welding and fabricating
- Skilled at general electrical throughput and PLC’s
- Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity or related field preferred
- Electrical experience desired
- Lift tools, machinery parts and other objects weighing up to 60-80 pounds each
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping and reaching
- Standing for extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, and dental benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Amcor Masonry Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Amcor Masonry Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.