|Date Posted||May 14, 2018|
Order Type :
Temp To Full-Time
Sirius Technical Services is searching to fill a contract position for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer with lead capabilities. Ideal candidates must have experience working in the chemical, consumer goods, food and beverage, and/or pharmaceutical industries. The ability to lead the structural engineering team for a project (or multiple projects) and be the client interface are key requirements of this position.
• BS degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a structural concentration
• Minimum 15 years of professional experience
• PE and/or SE is preferred
• Design of structures for steel, concrete, masonry and wood.
• Supervise other structural engineers and designers on a project, delegate work.
• Develop and supervise the use of design criteria document(s) to meet the project objectives.
• Apply good judgement and engineering principles in all their work.
• Gather field data and/or oversee field data gathering.
• Inspect project sites and examine structures to evaluate conditions.
• Be in reasonable charge of work and signing off on drawing packages with PE or SE Licensure.
• Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
• Work with outside consultants and contractors: e.g. geotechnical engineers and construction contractors.
• Ensure checking, quality and technical accuracy of project deliverables.
• Establish and manage engineering schedule and budget objectives on assigned projects.
• Estimate, plan and communicate staffing requirements for assigned projects.
• Interface with client on assigned projects.
• Develop and write structural proposals and the scope and budget associated with multi discipline proposals.
• Develop or write project based documents; including but not limited to studies, project notes, scope, close-out reports.
Ability to analyze and critically assess problems
Understanding of structural engineering concepts and principles
Working knowledge of building codes
Working knowledge of construction materials, construction methods and industry standards
Advanced structural analysis experience including three-dimensional and solid finite element modeling and analysis preferred
Ability to manage an engineering and design team
Ability to professionally interact with client and team members
Strong technical skills
Strong leadership skills
Positive conflict resolution skills
Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks
Manage several projects simultaneously
Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment
Strong decision-making skills
Ability to share knowledge
Good communication skills
Client development and interface
Must be able to travel when necessary
Project work may require:
Local, interstate, or international travel
Field exposure to various manufacturing, industrial, commercial, or institutional environments
Please submit resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]