|Date Posted||August 29, 2018|
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— over 16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
The successful candidate will work on various projects for municipal, industrial, and federal clients. The candidate will work with architects, structural, mechanical, process and electrical engineers and designers on designs for facilities primarily serving the water and wastewater industries. Project work includes: leading the structural design effort on regional, national, and international projects; directing CAD staff in the preparation of construction drawings; preparation of project specifications; coordination with other engineering disciplines; and construction support services. The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to develop innovative, cost effective designs for new facilities, expansions, upgrades and retrofits.
- Provide structural engineering design for tanks, basins and building facilities at water and wastewater treatment plants
- Provide structural engineering design for industrial facilities
- Design concrete, steel, masonry and wood structures per IBC
- Design concrete structures utilizing ACI 318 and ACI 350 for Environmental Structures.
- Perform seismic design and evaluations using IBC, ASCE, and ATC documents.
- Develop structural scope and engineering estimates for projects
- Prepare detailed design sketches and coordinate with CAD drafting staff to prepare design drawings
- Prepare construction specifications
- Coordinate structural project work with architects and process, mechanical, and electrical engineering staff
- Provide construction support: submittal review, RFI responses, and construction observations
- Utilize RISA 3D, Enercalc and other software for structural design
- Contribute to standard detail and specification updates