|Date Posted||May 11, 2018|
Job ID: []
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
These are entry level internships/trainee positions working to gain further experience in the construction field. Regular visits to the field may be required to examine projects and/or test materials. The positions involve supporting and working under a manager to prepare for a career in the industry.
(Essential duties and functions will varying depending on internship type)
- Maintain cleanliness of batch plant/yard premises
- Drive water truck
- Shovel excess materials from around conveyors and other areas generating frequent build up
- Routinely assist other employees and departments as directed
- Fill out necessary paperwork for maintaining inventory, ordering and repair records
- Computer input of processing of purchase orders, work orders, parts information, and inventories
- Coordinate daily operations for department mail delivery, parts run, etc.
- Communicate with Parts Supervisor regarding issues of pricing, suppliers, service, and department personnel
- Run errands for parts suppliers, etc. for department when parts runner is busy or absent
- Run Forklift to unload incoming and load outgoing shipments
- Assist drivers, mechanics, laborers, etc. in locating parts and supplies
- Crusher Laborer:
- Perform general clean-up, maintenance and housekeeping tasks at the crusher
- Shovel excess materials from around conveyors and other areas to prevent build up
- Operate loader to supply materials to the crusher plant trucks
- Drive haul truck to transport and dump crushed rock within the plant
- Perform general maintenance (i.e. oiling, greasing plant equipment) as directed
- Be part of a team dedicated to safely providing quality products to our internal and external customers
- Crusher Loader Operator:
- Ensure necessary supply of materials for crusher plant is available.
- Load crusher or trucks with proper materials.
- Fuel, oil, grease and check other necessary loader parts to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of crusher plant premises.
- Perform general maintenance and repair on equipment as assigned.
- Assist crew, including shoveling and clean-up.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be available to work approximately 40 hours per week
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment
- Demonstrates good internal and external customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
- Must pass pre-employment controlled substance testing
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
Requisition #: 136412
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.