|Date Posted||May 5, 2018|
Assists in performing custodial and maintenance duties as well as working in any/all areas of the warehouse as needed.
Assist in performing custodial and maintenance duties as well as working in any/all areas of the warehouse as needed to include receiving, order picking inventory control, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintenance on conveyor system.
- Performs landscaping duties, snow removal duties, and cleans parking lot and truck loading areas when needed.
- Performs minor plumbing, electrical, HVAC work as needed.
- Performs carpentry, masonry, painting and plastering work as needed.
- Operates hydraulic press uses for bailing of corrugated materials.
- Maintains current Owens and Minor drivers file for van deliveries and set-ups.
- Ensures all shipping/receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and timely.
- Fills customer orders and delivers items to the delivery platform in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. Ensures all orders are complete and correct.
- Maintains accurate warehouse inventory count, researches receiving/shipping discrepancies, checks product recall and expired products, receive/puts away customer returns, researches proof of delivery and unit of measure errors and performs cycle counts on RF units.
- Maintains flexible hours as required in order to ensure customer needs are met.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs additional job duties as directed.
- May conduct physical inventory duties as directed.
Frequently lifting or moving medium weight materials in excess of 20 pounds up to 50 pounds.
TYPE OF PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
Adjustment of lens of eye to bring an object into sharp focus. This item is especially important when doing near-point work at varying distances from eye.
Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hand.
Picking, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers primarily (rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling).
Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
- EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
Basic knowledge of arithmetic, english, and grammar. Accuracy in checking, posting, and counting. Simple use of automated office equipment. Adaptable to clerical routines. Equal to a high school diploma.
B. WORK EXPERIENCE:
Over three months (up to and including) one year.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
General knowledge and use of hand tools.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND WORK AIDS:
Ladder, paintbrush, lawn mower, snow shovel, floor buffer, vacuum cleaner, broom, waxer, grease gun, pruners, hydraulic press, pipe wrench, plunger, RF Unit, forklift, electric jack, PC, printer, truck and hand jack.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS:
Outside working conditions.
Undesirable working conditions; Exposed to noise, dust, heat, oil, fumes or other elements with one continuously present to the extent of being disagreeable, or with several elements present to the extent of being disagreeable, but usually not more that one at a time.